On the second of each month, post some poetry/prose that resonates with you, and use it as a talisman for the next month.
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry."
~ Mark Strand, from Eating Poetry
Machado's lovely lines are the only I can imagine tatooing to my chest. And you all know how I feel about tatoos (on me). It's the nod to bushwacking (which is one of my favorite things to do in life, though on my trek this morning I noticed that my own wanderings were guided by the tracks our valley's coyotes left) and the sense that yes, we create this life, this journey.
YES!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat, no map?
ReplyDelete(As she sits over her GPS, trying to find the way)
But oh so true.
Lovely lines.
In hiking they call that bushwhacking--but we're all bushwhackers by birth. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gene, for reminding me that I (we) make it - absolutely everything - for ourselves.
ReplyDeleteMachado's lovely lines are the only I can imagine tatooing to my chest. And you all know how I feel about tatoos (on me).
ReplyDeleteIt's the nod to bushwacking (which is one of my favorite things to do in life, though on my trek this morning I noticed that my own wanderings were guided by the tracks our valley's coyotes left) and the sense that yes, we create this life, this journey.